Friday, May 29, 2020

five minute friday: born

Fresh starts and new beginnings flood the air as spring begins to turn into summer. Hope permeates places that have been in desperate need of it, even places within me.
The newborn ducklings waddling across the street as I am forced to wait for their passing. The weight of newly picked tomatoes, jalapeƱos and onions from the garden fill my basket. Early morning light streams through the windows brighter now as spring takes its full affect.
Birth is the place where hope shows it's finest colors. Every spring the earth is freshly born from it's winter death. A new birth of blooming flowers, budding fruits and baby birds returns after the harshness of frost. 
The newness gives hope even to my own weary soul after these months of shelter at home, as a seed buried underground all winter starting to emerge. Slowly but surely, I can feel the hopefulness of the months ahead returning. Tentative plans, possible outings and the prospect of a visit provide a twinkle of the hope of what's to come. 
My own soul needs the hope that new beginnings provide, even as I take up the mantle of "writer" once again, under the Lord's direction. Not knowing where the birth of a journey will lead, yet the first tentative steps in the right direction give glimpses of adventure ahead. Just start small.
Every birth began small, microscopic even. A fusing together of a hope with a dream that was planted deep within. In the fullness of time it comes forth. 
Whether in the hope of what's ahead this summer as the world emerges into it's new normal. Whether it is the seed of a dream within your own heart. What is the inkling within you that is beginning to come forth? How might you offer the expectation of that birth into the hands of the Lord and follow His lead? He is the Master of new birth.

"In His great mercy, He has given us new birth into living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ."
1 Peter 1:3

13 comments:

  1. Living Hope. That is what I cherish the most. FMF#5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late lst night saw the birth
    of a fresh new cancer-stage,
    a limit to my time on earth,
    a turning of the page
    from when the world was wider,
    and I could find release
    in being an abider
    in God's gracious peace.
    But now the day is frantic,
    and things once good are changing;
    on mine own Titanic
    deck chairs need re-arranging
    for I am on the cold dark sea
    sinking down to mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh andrew, i am so very sorry to hear this. praying for you right now and for healing and the peace of God to uphold you.

      Delete
    2. Mariel, thank you so much. It's been quite a weekend, what with fevers and hallucinations. Still here, though.

      Delete
  3. I love the verse you quoted and am so thankful for the new life that Christ gives. Best wishes as you write what the Lord gives you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, paula. yes, praise God for the new life we have in Christ. God bless you.

      Delete
  4. We need hope now more than ever. I love your analogy of being planted, ready to emerge, as we endured the stay at home orders. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love looking at the new life my garden and how to reminds me of new life in Jesus x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally relate to your renewed sense of hope! Wonderfully written.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My soul is looking for/longing for new hope after these months of sheltering in place. I agree - the new birth all around us is a great place to start. There is a mother dove nesting outside my window:) And so much more. God's reminders of life, new life and hope for tomorrow. Today was the second (or third) time I have read your post. It has been encouraging each time (so I thought I should comment!) Have a wonderful hope-filled week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete